10.20.2012

Taqueria Tepatitlan, Ventura CA


This place came to me from a Twitter tip. I tried several times to go, but always on a Monday and they are closed Monday. I don't know what is going on with that stretch of Ventura Ave. but it is a serious TACO MECCA. Taqueria Cuernavaca is there and a really cool taco truck at night that parks in front of Sam's Market and a few others you can't miss driving down the street.


FINALLY I got there on the right day and OMMFG. SO GREAT. First of all the owner/manager - not sure who he was exactly - but he took such good care of me. He thought of things I needed that I didn't even know I needed.

2nd of all, old school crispy tacos left me wanting more and more and more. My friend had the burrito - loved it. I went back with two authenticos and they are tough critics. They loved it.


The first time I went I ate in the cozy booth room. I didn't even realize they had a bar next door. Amazing beer selection on tap. Everything is just so dang good there.

On the 2nd night they had a special salsa that was like Pico de Gallo with avocado added. FANTASTIC. I'm told it's a variation on "flag salsa" or Salsa Bandera. Don't really care what the heck it's called, just give me more.

You gotta go. Just don't go on Monday cuz they're closed. It's a little hard to see because their windows are blacked out, but they do have a sign and are right across the street from Ortiz Taco
Time.


(lips smacking at the memory)

ANDALE!

Taqueria Tepatitlan
362 N. Ventura Ave.
Ventura, CA 93001

No comments:

Post a Comment